Orange Expands Its Brand but Faces Challenges
With operations in 19 markets, Orange is undoubtedly one of the dominant service provider names in Africa, and has just added Burkina Faso to the list of countries where the Orange brand is now being deployed. (See this Orange press release.)
But while it generates billions of dollars of revenues from Africa, Orange set itself specific targets for the 2015-2018 period -- a 20% ramp in revenues and even higher growth in earnings -- that look like they might be tough to meet.
To find out more about Orange's current performance and prospects in Africa, read this insightful analysis: Orange's Africa Targets in Doubt After Sales Slowdown.
For more on Orange in Africa:
- Orange Targets Long-Term Growth in Africa
- The Timing Is Right for Orange Egypt's 4G
- Orange Boosts Cote d'Ivoire Capacity With 100G Rollout
- Orange FOMO Shows Famoco the Dough
- Shell Partnership Bankrolls Orange Money Across Africa
- Orange Brings New Color to Moroccan 4G Player Méditel
— Ray Le Maistre, , Editor-in-Chief, Light Reading